Friday, August 28, 2009

Weinsoff4TownCouncil

Re-Elect David Weinsoff For Fairfax Town Council

August, 2009

I am a candidate for re-election to the Fairfax Town Council. It has been a privilege to serve as a member of your Town Council since 2005 and this year as your mayor. I ask for your vote on November 3rd.

This blog provides the opportunity to focus on 2 important themes in my campaign. First, I am able to provide you with a consistent stream of information about my positions on the important issues before us. And second, in an effort to identify low-cost campaign tools that will bring down the increasing expense of running a Town Council campaign, the use of a blog - in contrast to a formal website - offers an equally effective but cost-free way to communicate campaign information. I will be listing my campaign expenses on future blogs. I am not seeking any financial contributions for this re-election campaign.

August 10, 2009

The Marin County Registrar of Voters approved my nomination papers, including this Election Statement:

DAVID WEINSOFF Age: 51
Occupation: Environmental Attorney

Fairfax Councilmember (2005-2009)
Fairfax environmental lawyer
Fairfax Documentary Film Festival co-director
Former Fairfax Planning Commissioner, Open Space Committee member

Idie, Jake, and I moved to Fairfax in 1996. I opened my environmental law practice in Town and in the years since have served as a councilmember, planning commissioner and Open Space Committee member, and started the Fairfax Documentary Film Festival.

It is a privilege to serve as your councilman during a time of significant challenges and achievements in our community. From the 2005 flood through this current economic crisis, Fairfax has managed its finances wisely, provided essential public services, and maintained its welcoming small town character.

I would be honored to serve a second term on your Council to continue the following work:

Keeping Fairfax the small town we love: using my environmental skills to protect our natural environment, promoting local businesses, and identifying revenue to support the work of our public safety officers, Town staff, and volunteers.

Strengthening the Fairfax community: focusing on the Town’s long-term fiscal health and keeping taxes down, implementing new General Plan projects, continuing to govern effectively with my Council colleagues, and running a positive Town Council campaign.

I request your vote November 3rd.

No comments:

Post a Comment